As Former President of Ghana John Mahama announced his presidential running mate ( ie his vice) and alot of people are wondering who she is.
We must also note if John Mahama is lucky to win this 2020 election, Prof. Jane Naana Opoku will be the first lady in Ghana history to be the vice president.
According to research found from various articles and books, this woman is a very strong and smart politician. We can simply say John Mahama chose her over several men in their party as a strategy to prove that women can equally do the job.
It might interest you to know that several women will vote for the NDC to come into power just because their running mate is a woman, taking into consideration the fight for women empowerment in Ghana in recent times.
Here are 5 facts about Prof. Jane Naana Opoku-Agyemang:
1. Prof. Naana Jane Opoku-Agyemang was the first female Vice-Chancellor in Ghana until her retirement. She assumed this post on October 1, 2008, at the University of Cape Coast.
2. She is a former minister of education; she was appointed in 2013 and served until January 2017.
3. She hails from Komenda, Central Region. She attended Anglican Girl’s Secondary School at Koforidua and Aburi Presby Girl’s School.
4. She had her secondary education at the Wesley Girls High School in Cape Coast from 1964 to 1971, where she was the School Prefect in her final year.
5. She completed B. A.(Hons), Ed. at the University of Cape Coast in 1977 and obtained her Masters and Doctorate degrees from York University in Toronto, Canada in 1980 and 1986 respectively.